Eighth grade students are working on their Individual Graduation Plans (IGP) for high school. The eighth grade IGP is the first step in the high school registration process. The next step begins in February when students select electives. Parent copies of the IGP will come home with report cards in early January. A sample of a blank IGP is below.
At this point students are:
- Noting which classes they are taking in middle school for high school credit
- Choosing a potential concentration (Fine Arts, Foreign Languages, and/or Career Pathways)
- Learning about high school graduation requirements
- Being introduced to the pros and cons of Advance Placement classes, Dual Enrollment, and Work Study options
- Seeing how GPAs are calculated